
The first flight from Denver to L.A. was uneventful (as I hope all flights are), with the exception of one incident.
Michael brought his travel Scrabble playing board so we could pass the time. The Scrabble travel board is great. It has mini-letters which click into place so turbulence does not upset the game. This turbulence-free system, however, does not stop me from knocking over my tiles.
When something like this happens (i.e. when I create an accident of some sort), there are two ways that Michael reacts. On the one hand, he might roll his eyes, laugh, and tell me how ridiculous I am. This is usually just after he's had a cup of coffee and is in a good mood. On the other hand, he might be so annoyed that he takes a deep breath and remains quiet.
When I spilled my Scrabble tiles, there was silence.
Once Michael found the tiles under the seat cushions and on the floor, we both silently fell asleep. Luckily, we awoke to the plane bouncing on pavement as we landed in L.A., and we ran into a friend on our flight with whom we could share the excitement of our trip. Thankfully, this delayed discussions of this mishap until we returned to Boulder.
No comments:
Post a Comment